I want to say a huge thank you to Abby Clare for this idea! Writing this post has made me feel even more festive than I already was.
1. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
REAL. We’ve always had a real tree and I have a post coming in a couple of days about why I love a real tree so much!
2. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
Miracle on 34th Street. I love Christmas films and have been watching them since September but this one is above all others, it’s such a classic and just great to watch
3. Do you have Christmas traditions? If so, what is your most cherished?
Not really, Christmas Day always follows the same format but nothing I’d consider a tradition.
4. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Absolutely not. Do I look like a monster to you? I do like the idea of a Christmas Eve box with new pyjamas, hot chocolate etc and this is something I’d consider doing when I have children of my own but I am so against opening any kind of present early.
5. What is your favourite Christmas song/carol?
I really don’t think I have one. I have a Christmas playlist with about 50 songs and I’d really struggle to pick just one.
6. What decoration do you place at the very top of your tree?
A gold star, one year it had a selfie of me attached… Did someone say extra?
7. What is your favourite festive drink?
In case you couldn’t tell from day number 10… Baileys Hot Chocolate!
8. How do you plan what to buy people as gifts? Plan it out in a list or just shop til you drop?
I usually have a list, I start thinking about it pretty early but end up picking little bits and pieces up when I’m shopping that weren’t on the list.
9. When do you open your presents? In the morning or at night?
The morning, I can never wait! Even as an ‘adult’ (I use the term loosely) I’m still like a kid at Christmas and wake up super early.
10. When do you start to get excited about Christmas?
Early! Like I mentioned above, I’ve been watching Christmas films since September. I get waves of excitement a few months in advance and them from mid-November it’s constant.
11. *Bonus Question* – What are you most excited for this year over the Christmas season?
It’s the first year in about 5 or 6 that my Granda and Auntie & Uncle will be spending Christmas with us which is great. It’s also the first Christmas that Ian and I will have together after 4 years of Christmases apart so I’m super excited!
Let me know if you’re using this Christmas tag!